Green roofs are now feasible in sloped applications with Hydrotech's Garden Roof® Assembly, allowing design professionals to expand beyond traditional flat roof applications and put a green roof in places they never could before.
In addition, a sloped Garden Roof Assembly can be designed for visibility and viewing from a wider range of locations, not just standing on the roof. Slopes ranging from 2:12 (9.5°) up to 12:12 (45°) are possible for extensive and limited intensive applications, provided the appropriate measures are taken to cope with the shear forces and soil retention. Contact Hydrotech for specific requirements.
Features of Garden Roof® Assembly for Sloped Applications:
- Depth of growing media between 89 mm and 330 mm
- Visibility as an architectural design feature
- Suitable for convex, concave and other complex slopes
- Accommodates up to 12:12 pitch (45º)
- Special engineering requirement beyond 3:12 pitch (14°)
- Vegetation options - Plugs with GardMat®, InstaGreen® Sedum Carpet, InstaGreen® Sedum Tile or lawn sod
- Maintenance depending on vegetation selection
Architects and owners are no longer limited to designing for flat green roof applications. Hydrotech’s Garden Roof Assembly can now conform to irregular slopes and undulating roofs. For roof slopes greater than 3:12 (14°) and with soil depths of 89mm to 330 mm, a GardNet® soil confinement system must be utilized.
Contact Hydrotech for specific requirements.